Thursday, March 20, 2008

What I Also Did for Love - Part 2


....... so today it's been 21 days since I started on Weight Watchers - it's supposed to be a target time period for bridging into a new lifestyle. We'll see. This Michelin TireMan Wannabe has cut down on portions of all his favorite happy crap (the term our meeting instructor/cheerleader has assigned to all the things one should not eat) but continues to reach for the second portion as if guided by some unseen force. Could it be Satan? (I'm hearing Church Lady in my head again.) Have experienced success in resisting temptation all but 2 times - there was no holding me back from the dessert choices while dining with friends on as many occasions.So, first week, I lost more than the official WW guidelines and I'm thinking They're liable to make an example of me. What will they do? Stuff a couple of Krispy Kremes in my mouth? Those ladies don't like the guys losing more weight than them. So I ended up slugging down about 16 ounces of water before the meeting and I wore my hiking boots for the weigh-in. Whew! I slid by......

I sit down at the meeting in the back row. I hope they don't use any intimidation techniques. I already know those from working at the airport. The instructor, a 50ish Susanne Sommers type, begins with some kind of chant - like a field holler - where she says something about losing weight and all in the room answer with a resounding "Yes!" Oy, what have I gotten myself into?" Then came a short instruction followed by "Celebration Time" where you're supposed to broadcast to the class how much weight you've lost. Yikes! I'm thinkin' I really gotta pee. The 16 ounces of extra water in my system had run it's course and it wanted out! If I get up now, will it call attention to myself? After 5 minutes or so of debating whether to pee or not (I didn't hear a word that Suzanne Sommers said during the time I deliberated) I decided You're a big ol' 240 pound dude. You can take it. The meeting kept going as my heart raced and sweat poured down my front as I exited the crowded meeting area for the men's room. Whew! Made it out of there without a hitch. I must have stood there for 3 minutes until I finally peed, I was so stressed.

Here's an interesting tidbit - on their new 'points' program, you can deduct activity points (up to 4 per day) for having - sex. That's right. 1 for low intensity, 2 for moderate, 4 for high intensity for each 20 minute workout. Zippadeedoodah! Sure beats speed walking with Diva!
So, as of today, I'm down from 243 to 236.4 - a loss of 6.6 pounds eating what I want, only less of it.

Part 3 coming up - when I hit the 10# mark ....... to be continued.

4 comments:

Suz said...

That's awesome! I didn't know that about the 4 points, need to re-read my info packet again! I am on month 3 - Core (I am a total WW flunkie!)
Suz

Mom 2 six said...

Just catching up. I want to be included in the drawing !
How cute. Love the new "other" blog.

Paula said...

That is great, Don. 6 lbs is a lot. Love the visual, the way you described the WW meeting. I felt like I was there.
Wow, points for sex huh, I'll think I'll keep that one to myself, if DH hears about it I'll never get a minutes peace :O

Alyson and Ford said...

Congrats you slim, trim hunk of burnin' love...

peace
fm